The object of the video poker game is to get any of the winning combinations of poker hands. The winning combinations and the payoff schedule are listed on a payout schedule attached to the machine.
Playing The Video Poker Game
- You deposit coins into the machine to place your wager. The bet must be placed before you draw your cards, and can’t be changed once play starts.
- After your bet, you push a button marked “Draw/Deal”, this will result in you seeing your initial hand of five cards.
- You then decide if you wish to keep any of the cards in your hand. If you do you push the “Hold/Cancel” button under the card(s) you wish to keep. In the event you change your mind and don’t wish to keep a previously held card push the “Hold/Cancel” button a second time and the hold will be canceled.
- Make sure that there is conformation on the screen that you have held the cards that you want to hold (the word “hold” flashes under your held cards).
- Press the Draw/Deal button a second time to obtain new cards for those not held.
- If you have a winning hand the machine pays off and is then ready for another game.
Best hands in descending order:
This is the highest possible hand in poker. A Royal Flush consists of Ace, King, Queen, Jack and 10 of the same suit.
This is the second highest hand possible. A Straight Flush consists of five cards in order and of the same suit; (note that an ace can usually be counted as the lowest card in the order) for example A, 2, 3, 4, 5 is a group of five ordered cards.
Four of a Kind
This hand consists of four cards of the same value plus one other odd card (for example Q, Q, Q, Q, 3).
Is a hand containing three cards of one rank plus two cards of another rank (for example J, J, J, 4, 4 or 6, 6, 6, 8, 8).
If all five cards in a hand belong to the same suit you have a Flush (for example 4 of Clubs, 5 of Clubs, 7 of Clubs, Queen of Clubs and Ace of Clubs)
A straight consists of five cards in order, but not of the same suit (for example Ace of Diamonds, 2 of Clubs, 3 of Hearts, 4 of Clubs and 5 of Spades).
Three of a Kind
Is a hand containing three cards of the same value along with two odd cards (such as 7, 7, 7, A and 2).
A pair is two cards of the same value or rank. You have two pair if the hand has two pair plus an odd card (for example 6, 6, 7, 7, 2).
One Pair (Jacks or better)
A pair is two cards of the same value or rank, in video poker only pairs of jacks, queens, and kings or aces pay off.